Our Eco Council has a pupil from each class representing their fellow peers from Year Three to Year 6. Each year, we hold a special election week where candidates are voted for by their class. Being part of the Eco committee is a great opportunity for our pupils to become more involved in the way our school is run and encourage our whole school community to be more environmentally friendly.
. This benefits the whole school, pupils, teachers, parents, and local community. It provides opportunities for pupils to communicate their strong feelings as well as influence decisions that are made.
- Being a student voice in regular meetings and feedback any relevant information to their class.
- Taking suggestions and class votes from their class relating to discussions by the Eco council.
- Having the responsibility to ensure that they express both their own views and the views of all the other pupils they represent.
- Organising events throughout the school year.
- Leading school assemblies to deliver information to whole school.
- Having links with the local community.
- Research locally and globally to continuously strive to improve our school Eco-Friendly status.
- Take part in gardening club.